Saturday, February 25, 2012

Custodes Terra Meeting 6th of February

Yo, blog-readers. Sorry I didn't update last week. It, uh... kind of slipped my mind.
Seriously, I was wondering why I had more time on my hands than usual - and then I remembered just now. Man, I suck.
So - on to the next topic. Our beloved Custodes Terra Club held a meeting on the 6th of February. The Physics Lab was noisy as usual; and Farhanah had to raise her voice again. Honestly, I don't understand why people need to talk when it's clearly suffocating in that lab. Chairs squeaking and creaking, people talking loudly, exhaling the acidic gases of carbon dioxide... Oh man. 
Well, Farhanah managed to catch everyone's attention - she told everyone to ensure that their attendance was taken. Then, she started to give members to their groups. Some members had to weed the Herbs Garden, some other members had to go to the back of Block E to clear up the shelves there, some cleared up the Eco Corner, and so on. I didn't manage to catch all the details that day, because I had both hands tied up with the attendance. It was kind of confusing, since there's an overload of members and the atmosphere's too noisy. I have to salute Atikah, who's undoubtedly a pro at that. Dude, she managed to tick most of the attendance in just a few minutes.
There was also a Custodes Musicus Audition held in the school's gallery for those who were interested to join. Many people were interested at first; but when they heard practices were held regularly on a Saturday - well, let's just say the number of interested members was the definite opposite of the number of people who attended Justin Bieber's concert. The DEFINITE OPPOSITE.








So people were filing out of the lab and to their respective assigned places; when Farhanah called out a few names she wanted to meet outside the lab immediately. She rubbed that in a few times, so I guessed it was something serious - especially when my name was called along too. I'm a good student, don't get me wrong; but at times like these - I just don't trust myself. So I started to scan the list of possibilities of why I got called out along with these... these monsters.
I thought I was going to get busted because I knocked over a potted plant that very morning. I grabbed the attendance sheets, gathered them up, and made my way along with the crowd of members out into the open. I say that most of them were laready gathered there with Farhanah, and I was the latest to arrive. So all I heard  was something about the new B.O.D (Board Of Directors). Also about the fact that Nur Syafiqah Adam Malik has snagged the position as president. Hey, Syafiqah, if you're reading this - congratulations! 
While Farhanah named the positions, other members were weeding the herbs garden around us. 
Then, she said she would leave the club in our hands - or something like that. This was terrifying in a way, to imagine our hands handling the club. 
But I guess, if you take it in a metaphorical way - it wouldn't be too bad. I think. So Syafiqah gave out all the duties to the rest of the members and we dispersed. While everyone was gone, both of us sat at the table near the Herbs Garden and started to mark the attendance sheets. We were happily finishing up our task, when one of the members came up to us and reported that one of the other members knocked over a potted plant - which cracked into three pieces. 
We dealt with the matter in a cool way - told the member to find the one of the workers around here and ask if there were any spare pots going. They could plant it there temporarily, before we buy a more suitable pot. Then, Puan Yeo sat with us at the table and started discussing the activities which will be held this year - there'll be orientation, installation and more. I'd like to tell you guys more - but we'll leave it there first, okay? I'll sneak in more previews if I can next time. I'll also try posting the new Board of Directors if I get the list, okay? There wasn't an official meeting on the 13th of February, but there were Custodes Musics auditions. The next meeting will be held on the 27th of February; so I'll see you guys there.
Before I go, here's a fun fact about the environment for you :-
LESS than 10% of the sea has been explored by humans. Even so, humans have discovered dangerous creatures like angler fish and more. It's great to meet creatures like this - but the more we destroy their natural habitats underwater; more of them will appear close to shore and one day - even going to the beach won't be safe any more, if the creatures are angered into attacking us. 
Remember; destroy the sea, and the sea will destroy you. 
 
Don't anger nature - if you don't want an angler fish on your tail. Until next time, peace out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment